Half Marathon Triple Crown - 39.3 Miles of Paradise
Carlsbad Half Marathon - La Jolla Half Marathon - America's Finest City Half Marathon
What is the Half Marathon Triple Crown?
- A trio of Southern California half marathons have formed an alliance to create a
Half Marathon Triple Crown award to honor participants who finish all three half
marathons in the same calendar year.
The 13.1-mile threesome includes the Carlsbad Half Marathon, the La Jolla Half Marathon, and the America's Finest City Half Marathon. Finishers of the 2013 Half Marathon Triple Crown will receive a commemorative medal and be recognized on the race web sites as winners of the "Half Marathon Triple Crown - 39.3 Miles of Paradise."
- What do I need to do to enter the Triple Crown?
- You do not need to do anything other than register for each Triple Crown Half Marathon as you normally would.
The Triple Crown races will track eligible participants. A list of those who have completed both the Carlsbad and
La Jolla Half Marathons is available here.
If you ran both the 2013 Carlsbad and La Jolla Half Marathons, and your name does not appear on the list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we may verify your eligibility for the Triple Crown.
- Triple Crown Rules:
- You must register using the exact same name and address for all three events.
- You must wear a Chronotrack RFID timing tag and receive an official time for each event. If you do not have an official finishing time, you will automatically be disqualified.
- Entry into each event is not guaranteed. Register early to ensure your spot.
- Each event has its own time limits. To be eligible for the Triple Crown you must adhere to each time limit.
- When will I receive the Half Marathon Triple Crown medal?
- Runners who complete the 3 half marathons can pick up their special commemorative medal at the Triple Crown booth located at the finish area of the AFC Half Marathon.