Directions/Parking/ShuttlesIMPORTANT: Please note that the only way to access the start line is an event-supplied shuttle.There are no participant drop offs allowed at or near the start line nor will vehicles, pedestrians, or bicycles be allowed past the security gate at the entrance to Fort Rosecrans/Cabrillo National Park. If you miss the last bus to the start line, you will not be able to run the half marathon.
The half marathon and 5K finishes in Balboa Park. This is also where the half marathon "start line shuttles" pick up takes place as well as the post-race finish festival.
Driving south on I-5:
- Exit 10th Avenue
|-OR-||- Exit Pershing Dr.
- Left Florida Dr.
- Left on Zoo Place, straight to Zoo parking
Driving north on 1-5
|Driving south on Highway 163:|
|- Exit Pershing Dr.
- Left Florida Dr.
- Left on Zoo Place
- Straight to Zoo
|- Exit Park Blvd.
- Left on Park Blvd.
Parking: You may park in any legal parking lot in Balboa Park. Parking lots are shown on the Finish Area map labeled with a "P." The Largest parking lot is the zoo parking lot adjacent to the Northern bus loading area. Allow yourself at least an extra 30 minutes for parking.
For the half marathon, the shuttle buses will leave from the finish area between 4:00 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. There are two bus stops where you can catch the bus to the start area:
- The southwest corner of Presidents Way and Park Blvd.
- The corner of Zoo Place and Park Blvd.
The Finish Area map shows the bus loading areas.
Staying at race headquarters at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina?
Shuttles: If you are staying at the official race headquarters hotel,
your room package includes bus transportation directly from the
Sheraton to the half marathon start area or to the 5K start. Return buses to the Sheraton
will be available at the finish area.
- 4:30 - 5:30 a.m. - Buses depart for Half Marathon start area (runners only, no spectators)
- 5:15 a.m. - Buses depart for 5K (runners and spectators allowed)
- 9 - 10:15 a.m. - Buses depart from finish area back to the Sheraton (runners and spectators allowed)
Spectators staying at the Sheraton: Spectators who want to go to the finish line from the hotel have two options:
- Take the 5K shuttle, which departs at 5:15 a.m.
Use a service such as Uber, Lyft or a San Diego taxi.
Directions from the Sheraton to the finish line (for spectators): To avoid traffic delays on race morning, exit hotel prior to 6:30 a.m. There will be significant delays between 7 and 8:30 a.m. (view map here):
- From the main entrance turn left onto Harbor Island Drive
- Turn right onto N Harbor Drive
- Turn left onto Grape
- Take Interstate 5 South
- Exit 10th Avenue to A Street
- Turn left onto A Street
- Turn left onto Park Boulevard
- Parking is available on the east side of Park Boulevard at Presidents Way and further north along Park Boulevard